She has a look on her face like she knows something is up... and it was, indeed!
Everything was going along okay until I got to the top screw of the three and it seemed like it had been glued in or something. I finally got it turning, but it didn't come out, so I realized, I'd just stripped the hole and it was going around and around w/o budging. Then it just kind of came out. Well that was too good to me true... a tiny piece of her scalp flange actually broke and let it loose... but the screw is still stuck. I think she will go back together okay w/o it, though.
Here's her scary face-up one last time before I sand matte her... the eyebrows are quite strange.
Pucci Collective saved me as I worked to get her eye mechanism out... I had to use my hands instead of a screwdriver with tape - I just had so much more control and knew exactly how much pressure I was applying, so I felt more comfortable... it took a long time and my fingers got really sore in the process.
This morning, I found an Obitsu body on BK and I think it will be perfect for her... (seller's photo)
It's taller than I would choose for Mesmer's replacement & I am loving having the clone's old body as a dress form... so I think this will be perfect... it's very boney and skeletony seeming to me & I have been wanting a posable body for one of my girls... so it will be fun to test it out!