Friday, April 27, 2012

in a while, crocodile...

I have been away for a long time from blogging, but I've been Blything a steady rate in the interim.

I should probably clear out old business first and give the update on Charlotte's hair makeover.  Here we go!

In addition to a fairly pronounced 'scalp gap' (which seems to be negligible to a lot of Blythers, but is something that really disturbs my aesthetic OCD sensibilities), my Charlotte also had a very thin head of hair.  This made it harder to hide the gap.  I decided to use a lock and loop method of adding highlights to remedy this.  I used this video as a tutorial to help me get the hang of it.

Charlotte waited patiently for me to work on the project. I didn't want her to get cold and I hadn't gotten around to knitting any hats for her yet (that is for another blog!) so I got her bundled her up while I worked on her scalp.  She watched me with great curiosity.
I got my bits ready in little groups that snipped off the wig & got to work... the color was very close to her  original brown, but just enough difference to add a subtle depth to her hair color.  I used the Pucci Collective wet towel and iron trick, which proved invaluable in smoothing and styling her hair after the highlights were added.

And now she has enough hair to pull a little bit across the gap w/o leaving a bald patch on the top of her head!

I had SO much fun with this project and I was really thrilled to be able to give Charlotte more hair confidence.  The project inspired me to try to replace her eye chips too... but it didn't work.  I was hoping against hope that she got some different glue that all the other Basaak/Blybes out there... but alas - her eyechips aren't going anywhere.  I am getting more okay with that all the time... but I am thinking of repainting her lips in a dark red... similar to the Gentle River red.  I think that might look really nice on her. 

Next up on the big blog catch-up... felt applique dresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment