Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Charlotte's Day Out... a hat for spring...
This was my first Blythe-sized hat project & it turned out well. It's a free beret pattern from Ravelry.
I ordered a jumble of mini-skeins on Etsy and these were three different yarns included. Turns out that in Blythe world... a hat takes over twice as much yarn as a sweater... something that is logical when you consider the proportions... but not immediately intuitive to my instincts honed by years of human-sized knitting.
Here's a close-up... you can sort of see the way the colors are blended into each other... but there is also a subtle sparkle in the solid colored peach yarn that is lost-in-translation in the photos.
I've been on Tokyo Fashion exploring the style trend of mori lately and I really like the different aspects of it, as suited to Blythe style. I ordered some cool trims from BK that I would like to use to make more woodland Eastern-European style dresses for Charlotte. Sort of like this inspiration...
I just finished a huge event last weekend and now I will have time to enjoy making somethings for my girls... as well as doing a project that will result in some new girls joining our family!
Posted by Kate at 1:32 PM